"so that through my being with you again your joy in Christ Jesus will overflow on account of me." Phil 1:26
Paul was such a blessing to the people of Philippi that through his company their joy in Christ would overflow.
One of my favorite songs right now is The Blessing by John Waller....
This day
You set life, You set death right before us,
this day
every blessing and curse is a choice now
and we will choose to be a blessing for life.
Each day we have the same opportunity as Paul. Imagine others' joy in Christ overflowing on account of *ME*!
I have experienced this countless times during our stay here in Colorado. The Lord has introduced me to the sweetest, lovingest people who have blessed me beyond measure. They have given more than I can return. They have loved my family and welcomed us with open arms. And they have taught me love on an a new level.
I thank God for them and for all they've taught me and my joy does overflow with thankfulness.
Now I will take this home to Arkansas. And I pray that the Lord will use me as He did Paul and my friends here in CO.
Let it be said of us
while we walked among the living
let it be said of us
by the ones we leave behind
let it be said of us
that we lived to be a blessing for life
No comments:
Post a Comment