Monday, July 20, 2009

Camping In The House Isn't My Thing

"Do everything without complaining or arguing, so that you may become blameless and pure, children of God." Phil 2: 14

I like doors. And sleeping off the floor. And filtered water.

And when I think that people all over the world sleep on the floor (w/o mattresses!), no doors, and would be thrilled to drink the water I flush my toilets with, I realize how spoiled and selfish I am.

God has blessed me so abundantly and this morning as I read my Bible, God gave me this gentle reminder to be thankful for that which I take for granted and to not grumble when I don't have them.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't you love how He brings little things into our lives to put things in perspective?? It blesses Him when we give Him the 'sacrifice' of praise.

Have a blessed day!!

Wendy

Anonymous said...

One day ya'll will look back on these times and smile (hopefully) and say "remember when " I know I have memories like that and I wouldn't take for them.
Dad

the momma said...

camping in the house has GOT to better than camping outside.....


welcome back!