Sunday, February 15, 2009

A Weekend of Bounty!

So much goodness and fullness this weekend.

~Time! I'm savoring these nothing-on-the-calendar weekends as long as I can.

~Another photo shoot and with an adorable 5 week old baby. It felt nice to hold his baby sweetness.

~Company for lunch after church with a new chicken salad recipe.

~Lots of goings on in the kitchen. Lots of food to fix. Lots of people to feed. Lots of dishes to wash. Lots of hands to help.

~A full refrigerator and a full tank of gas.

~Valentines and new coffee cups and little presents from sweet siblings. Pretty cards and pink lemonade.

~We got new appliances and clothes! I know. Cousin Billy is putting in a new kitchen and gave us his nice Kenmore flat top stove, big side-by-side fridge, and dishwasher. We're looking at trying to install them in the garage as a second kitchen. I love my convection oven but there are some times when an extra would come in handy. Along with the appliances we got 2 big bags of clothes. Billy buys *nice* stuff!

~Date night. I burned my other new chicken recipe but it turned out to be salvageable....and even good. Lots of good conversation and family business decisions settled. Star Trek too (!) and Honey even watched it with me b/c he loves me....not b/c he particularly likes it (although I don't know why not).

~My cup overflows and I'm ready for the week.

No comments: