Thursday, February 19, 2009

Blogging Is Therapeutic

The unedited musings of an overly emotional (though I have no idea why!) mom that's staying up way too late....

I don't fit in with this generation.

I think I would've done better about 200 years ago.

I'm ready for the rapture.

I like hymns played on the piano with the words on the overhead....not so much in the hymnal.

I cry everytime I play "I'll Fly Away" on my iPod. They played it at my G'daddy's funeral and I remember him playing it in his church. I wonder if it was his favorite hymn. It's one of mine. I wonder if we can sing it together in heaven one day?

I wish I lived closer to my G'mothers.

I miss my family. And the Wings. And my neighbors. And Mr. Walker. And Mrs. Coffman. And Uncle Robert. And the snow cone place.

I wish I was watching Star Trek.

Isn't it ok to give up on something if it's just not working? To throw up your hands and say, "Well, never mind." To not be a finisher if the thing is not worthy of your time and energy?

God's bounty enables me to share with others. I like that. So his blessing is multiplied as it fills my heart with thanksgiving.

I'm glad there are people who love me even when I'm unlovable.

I'm begging God to teach my kids more than the shallowness this generation has to offer them.

I have the best job in the world and I look forward to jumping into it tomorrow. If I ever go to bed that is.

9 kids are not enough.

No comments: