Friday, February 06, 2009

Age Of Opportunity


My other book study is the book Age Of Opportunity. I'm doing this one with some of my homeschool friends in CO. Fantastic book about teenagers.


Here's one of my favorite parts...


Rule of Love or Rule of Desire?

"Our response to others will be shaped by the rule of love, "Do to others what you would have them do to you." Matt. 7:12


or shaped by the rule of desire..

"What causes fights and quarrels among you? Don't they come from the desires that battle within you? You want something but don't get it. You kill and covet, but you can not have what you want. You quarrel and fight." James 4:1-2


Such a simple approach to evaluating our hearts. And as there are many relational issues every day I have been able to use this quite a lot. Coming home from the dentist office I had 2 boys fussing over who would sit in the front seat. Were their responses based on love or desire? Obviously desire since there's apparently an invisible pot of gold hidden under the front seat.


Another creative way to train my children (and myself) with God's Word.

Check out Paul Tripp's book Age Of Opportunity. Great read!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ohh, I just love this book. It has really helped me to keep my focus on what really matters during the questioning teen years. Great read and very biblical!

Praying for you today,
Love,
Susie