~First off...A Very Happy Birthday to Drallen! Wish we could've eaten some birthday cake with ya.
~I took 2 of my boys out tonight for a special treat. We went to dinner then out and about running errands. I am convinced that the longer I have these guys the more I like them. I guess they'll just have to stay! It was nice to sit back and hear about life from a 7 and 12 yo.
There is something that happens around the 12/13 mark. I'm wondering how it will play out differently with a boy than with girls. There are times when they leave you rolling your eyes and shaking your head. Times when you wish for the easy days when they were only 4. And then there are the times when they wow you with their sweetness and maturity. I was wow-ed tonight as my son saved a chocolate to take home to his brother and then bought his sister a card b/c she had had a bad day.
~I didn't realize how much I loved our weekly library trip until I decided to skip it. Yesterday we had a rough start so I woke up and decided that we just couldn't spare the time and needed to concentrate on the diligence matter at hand. That announcement was met with sad whimperings all around and it echoed in my own heart. As the morning went on I found we were doing better at keeping on schedule and having good attitudes. I made a last minute decision and we were off. B/c of our better start, we were still able to catch up ok when we got home. It's funny how the early morning can set the tone of the whole day. Story time was good as usual and everyone was happy to come home with new books.
~The new fridge is all set up and chillin' nicely.
~I walked today! That makes 2 days in a row.
~My little boys made a fan and a light bulb with the nifty electric kit they got for Christmas. Who knew those things really worked?
~Laney's looking for Joey throughout the house and calling his name. Finally she finds him lying in the living room but he won't get up and come. She walks over wondering what in the world is wrong with him. Poor dog has his rabies tag stuck in the living room carpet and can't even lift his head!
Today's meals....
Breakfast - we cleaned out the fridge and ate everything that could even remotely be considered a breakfast food.
Lunch - Sandwiches
Dinner - Eldest was busy making pancakes when she suddenly looked up and realized she was following a muffin recipe instead! With a bit of adjusting, she was able to save them. They were a bit sweet and hard to work with but with blueberry syrup, they were just fine.
No comments:
Post a Comment