The morning routine is always the same. It hasn't changed in a long time.
Room and groom done by 7:30
Chores done by 8am and at the table for breakfast
Breakfast, teeth, school
Everybody's familiar with it. But on Wednesday a couple of guys acted as if they had never even heard of such a thing. And even though it was school time, I had 2 little boys in the living room standing on their heads, wrestling, and goofing off.
Wednesday is story time at the library so I simply told them that if their math wasn't done, they wouldn't be able to go.
Panic!!
"ALL of our math?!"
Yep.
Tears and despair.
But they set to work. Jes worked quickly and seriously. Nate was still not convinced that I was serious. He whined and tried to negotiate before finally getting busy. This took some time.
When he finally settled in, LB asked..."Mom, remember how Abraham interceded for Lot? Can I intercede for Nathan?"
Then I heard his big brother whispering to him cheering him on.
"Come on...you can do it!"
"You're doing good...keep at it!"
"Hurry, you're almost there!"
He had his own cheering squad. I puttered around the house until the last possible minute to leave before being late. I really didn't think he would make it. But then! He set down his pencil and declared himself DONE! And he was.
At that, there were cheers all around!
And one little boy that felt quite loved.
2 comments:
Precious encouragement from sweet sibblings!
That is such a sweet story!
Post a Comment