This Saturday started like most of them around here. I woke up to the sound of littles who had slept on our floor the night before.
People had plans and were preparing for the day.
Honey and Kitch were refereeing 2 games each this morning.
Meg and LB were going to get their hair cut and spend the morning out with E.
Lane wanted to catch up on some homework before Monday.
When others started scattering in different directions, the ones that were home helped to straighten the house before we headed out too. We have an elementary school around the corner and we were going to pack some cookies and walk over to play on the playground equipment.
We played until the boys were hot and sweaty and the littles were starting to wilt. Leaving the park, JaJa says, "Oh yes! Now we get to have smoothies!"
I say, "We do?"
He says, "I LOVE Saturdays! I love it when the big kids go do something and then you always take us to the park or a big walk and then we go home and you make us all smoothies and the house is clean because we cleaned it before we left. I LOVE Saturdays!"
The other kids chime it too and they have renewed energy for the walk home, all looking forward to smoothies.
I didn't plan to have smoothies. It didn't occur to me that we did this. But after listening to them, I realized they were right. That is what we do. And it's kinda funny that they noticed a "tradition" that I didn't. And he even mentioned coming home to a clean house, which is something I never thought anybody cared about but me. My mind quickly did an inventory of my freezer to see what kind of smoothie ingredients we had.
I hope this is a good memory for them!

1 comment:
Thanks for posting. Keep it up :).I check it daily.
Dad
Post a Comment