Sunday, September 19, 2010

A Little Bit Of Lately

~2 nights in a row that I'm up past 10:30pm.  Amazing.  It's a good time to blog when the house is asleep. 

~Speaking of blogging, I had my new homeschooling blog all set up and now I think I'll delete it.  It was sort of a decision made on a whim.  Those usually aren't too good, ya know.  Anyway, one blog is enough.

~We had a fun Saturday.    Tonight Honey and I had an unexpected date night out.  I needed a wall map for school and he came along to shop with me.  On the way home he asked, "Do you want to stop and eat?" 

Oh yes! 
So we did.  We had Mally and ZBoy and it was fun to have them out by themselves.   Good times. 

~JaJa is saying this cutest thing.  Instead of saying "thank you" he says "thank ya".  I like it because it is how my Granddaddy Gene used to say it.  Now I notice a couple of other boys are saying it too. 

~Wed continues to be my favorite day of the week.  I keep a fairly detailed calendar in my room and I noticed that every Wed not only says Awana but there is an exclamation point after each one.  Piano and Essay class doesn't have one of those....

I had a smaller class this week.  Only 6.  And I got the news that there was a murder (!) on Monday in the apartments where most of them live.  My heart immediately started praying that it wasn't in the courtyard or a place where any of my kids would've seen it.  And when I asked them if anything interesting happened to them this week, nobody answered anything out of the ordinary.  I'm still sad for them.

Nick is especially on my mind this week.   We had a bit of an awkward moment with him and I'm hoping everything is ok.   Of all my kids, he seems to soak in God's Word the easiest.  And not only for the moment, but talks of God at other times throughout the night.  I tell him he's going to be a preacher when he grows up, and he agrees. 

My time working with Immanuel is a huge blessing.

~We have a field trip to the fire station on Friday.  It'll be a good thing for everyone to look forward to all week.

~I have such an urge to go camping!  Just Honey and Me.  Years ago, we went camping all by ourselves and it was so much fun.

It's fun to camp with kids too, but there is sooo much added responsibility away from home.  So many more dangers and unaccounted variables.  And every time we came home from a family camping trip I just felt relieved that nobody tumbled off the cliff or fell in the fire.

~I'm trying to download some ramdom pix for this post but they won't work.  I just keep getting a failed message.  How come??    Finally it worked!  So look....Here's some pix from last week.
Boys that never wear shirts anymore. 
A lunch time soccer game.
Mally at the school park.

No comments: