Friday, August 27, 2010

A Little Bit Of Lately

~My Eldest started college this week!  I'm so proud of her.  Apart from parking issues and remembering where she left the car after she finally did find a spot, she's doing great.  She's already delivered her first speech and has a ton of homework. 

~The a/c is out on the van.  This will be the 4th time to fix it.  We've put it off for a couple of weeks, but it's time.   I think it goes in Monday.  

~I'm reading a new book, A God Centered Church by Henry and Melvin Blackaby.  So far so good.  It's my autographed copy that I got when I met him last year.  Neat!

~There is lots of swimming going on around here.  We got a new filter for the pool and it's starting to shape up.  Not that it ever mattered to our kids, but still.  I like it to be at least kinda clean.

~Honey and our eldest son is taking a referee class this weekend.  My son isn't old enough to get a "real" job but he's old enough to make some money refereeing some soccer games. 

~My friend, Mrs. P, is teaching my kids science this year.  I love it!  I'm intimidated by science so I'm thrilled to let her do it for me.  The first week they did 3 experiments. 

~Things you might not hear at your house...
"My shoe is stuck on the roof."
"Why are those toys in a disposable enema box?" 

~I'm getting farm eggs again.  I picked up 8 dozen this afternoon and smiled when the lady asked, "What in the world are you going to do with 8 dozen eggs?" 

~We had a skating day with the homeschool group today.  Most of my kids had never been to a skating rink.  Now they are asking for it for Christmas and b-day presents!

~This weekend I'm hoping to do some cooking.  Bread, burgers, salad, deviled eggs, oven fries, and some muffins and cookies for the freezer.  I need some new cookie recipes.  My freezer stash is getting low. 

Today's Meals...
Breakfast - oatmeal and scrambled eggs
Lunch - leftovers
Dinner - pizza and salad
Snack - Chocolate cookies from the freezer

5 comments:

Amanda said...

I have a yummy lowfat oatmeal cookie recipe if you want it. :)

Sandy said...

I do!

Anonymous said...

Where did you get your farm eggs from? Lori Raible

Sandy said...

Lori,

It's a friend in my homeschool group. It's a little business that her kids are doing. If you'd like, I can give your contact info to her.

Anonymous said...

Is it the Brannum's? (sp) I have ordered from them for years and then was getting some free for awhile from some people but with the weather so hot the chicks have slowed down production so I might have to buy again.