Fun fun night at the AWANA party last night. There were about 40 kiddos, pizza, and games. It was a kick-off party to get an idea of numbers. And guess what? My Bigboy was there!! It was just a treat to see the one that I've prayed for so often again. There were lots of my other VBS peeps and many faces I've never seen. New friends!
I love to see how God works through Immanuel. Such a little bitty church, such big faith. There were enough workers, enough pizza, enough everything.
I came home tired and happy. But thinking that I probably wouldn't be involved beyond that. It's not something that many of my family will do and I didn't feel so good about being gone once a week for such a long commitment. But I couldn't get it off my mind. I woke up early and it was still there. I prayed about it some more and asked Honey's counsel.
Much to my surprise, he thought it was a good idea. And that's what I asked for. Not if it was ok with him. But if he sincerely thought it would be right and if he felt like there was any danger of neglect to our own family b/c of it.
And I'm all smiles. I asked the church if I could have my boys back and got the sweetest answer. It went something like...."I can't think of another person that would pray for them like you do."
So this school year I have the privilege of teaching some 2nd graders to be approved workmen that are not ashamed. My own little 2nd grader will be joining me as well as LB who is quick to help with everything. I love it. I love being a part of training up these boys. I'm excited about encouraging them to work on their verses. I look forward to oohhing and ahhhing over their patches. And I am humbled by this opportunity to alter the landscape in a new way.
I'm so happy!!
3 comments:
yay! :)
That's great Sandy! I'm helping in AWANAS for the first time this year. I'll be an assistant for the older girls. It's a little out of my comfort zone but I feel this is where I am supposed to be. My two youngest are going again and are excited for it to start again. Good luck and I know some little boys that are very lucky to have you as their teacher.
Love you all,
Shannon
Post a Comment