Monday, August 23, 2010

Menu Plan For This Week

Just in case you were dying to know what was on our table this week, I thought I'd tell ya. 

Monday -Breakfast - It was supposed to be cereal but you know what?  Apparently we drank too much milk this weekend and there was none for Monday morning.  Surprise to me, since I always assume there's more in the garage.  But no.  So instead, we pulled out a batch of morning glory muffins I had stored in the freezer. 
Lunch- Leftover ravioli and salad from date night last night.
Dinner - Oh happy day!  My friend is bringing sloppy joes over just b/c she's a sweetie that way.  I'm making some potato salad and cole slaw to go with it.   And watermelon.

Tuesday - Breakfast - cinnamon honey toast and watermelon b/c I'm not planning on going to the store between now and then.
Dinner - Tuna sandwiches b/c it's TaeKwonDo night and it needs to happen fast. 

Wednesday - Breakfast - cereal (Can you tell when errand day is?)
Dinner - We're joining our friends at Immanuel for the Awana kick-off and so I'm feeding everyone a big snack beforehand of spicy broccoli dip, crackers, carrot sticks, and watermelon.   There is also food there so we may or may not need to eat again later when we get home.  If so, there's cereal. 

Thursday - Breakfast - oatmeal
Dinner - Chicken spaghetti, corn-on-the-cob, salad, and bread

Friday - Breakfast - cereal
Dinner - pizza - I'm doing a grilled chicken pizza with tomatoes, onions, black olives, and banana peppers.  I think E is making us some brownies if he has time.  The poor guy is swamped so we'll see....

Saturday - Breakfast - omelets
Dinner - Big turkey, stuffing, gravy, and summer salad

Sunday - Breakfast - cereal
Lunch - burritos - this is a huge fave so I'm going to do this every Sunday.   I'm making up a recipe combining beans, taco meat, and rice.  The beans and rice will enable me to use less meat. 

Snack ideas...
breakfast cookies
ice cream sandwiches...I want to make some homemade ones and store a batch in the freezer to pull out as surprises. 
Jello.  I haven't made jello in years.  But Jes and I were thinking it would be fun to do together and the littles will go crazy over it b/c I'm not sure if they've ever had jello before. 
watermelon
popsicles - apple cranberry is the fave right now.

No comments: