Saturday, August 21, 2010

Pizzas!

This week my littles wanted to help with pizza so I gave them their own little pizzas to fix. 
Aren't they cute? 
Playing with the dough was ok, but they were really looking forward to "decorating" the pizzas.
Yummy....if you like tons of olives.  They do!
LB even got in on the action and made a white sauce for her pizza.  She loves a white sauce pizza but I hardly ever make it. 

This has got me to thinking how I want to experiment with our pizzas over the next few weeks.  I want to try to copy some of the specialty pizzas from take out places. 

What is your favorite pizza and toppings? 

3 comments:

Unknown said...

without a doubt, grilled chicken and roma tomatoes is my favorite! these toppings are also really good on a white sauce pizza - they make something like this (but it has bacon also) at Mazzios. A bit of spinach chopped and put on top of the sauce is good too and easily goes unnoticed under a lot of cheese ;)
I also like to put on less marinara and add in some ranch, yummy!

Luke is a straight cheese and pepperoni guy though :) though sometimes he gets other meats.

A mexican pizza is fun too, put cumin and taco seasoning in tomato sauce, and put stuff taco meat, onions, and peppers on top! - if you want to get real fancy use half cornmeal in the crust, and mix some refried beans in with the tomato sauce :) you can even put lettuce on top once it's out of the oven.

emilyjacks said...

TONZ of cheese with zuchinni, spinach, onions, mushrooms and turkey sausage.

Nana said...

Ok I like a nice boring pizza, just tons of cheese :)