Well I skipped school yesterday to try to get things put back together from the mess of the weekend. I'm thankful for Kim, who let me borrow her steam cleaner for our carpet. I was hoping to not only put the furniture back in place, but also to get some cooking done for the week.
It didn't happen.
I spent the whole morning at the vet's office, the afternoon was spent with the kids' science class, then it was dinner. Sooo, now I feel a bit behind in the kitchen. And uncreative. But here we go anyway....
Tuesday -
Breakfast - scrambled eggs, toast, plums and kiwi
Lunch - chinese chicken salad, crackers, carrot sticks
Dinner - tuna melts (Taekwondo night ya know.)
Wednesday -
Breakfast - cereal
Lunch - tomato soup and grilled cheese
Dinner - lasagna, bread sticks, salad
Thursday -
Breakfast - oatmeal
Lunch - leftovers
Dinner - burgers, oven fries, salad
Friday-
Breakfast - cereal
Lunch - leftovers
Dinner - pizza, salad
Saturday -
Breakfast - omelets
Lunch - leftovers
Dinner - enchiladas, spanish rice, refried beans
Sunday -
Breakfast - cereal
Lunch - BBQ chicken sandwiches, potato salad
Dinner - Date night! bean burritos for kids
Date night chicken, fries, salad for us.
Since Eldest is in school and rarely home for lunch I'm looking for some ideas of healthy lunches and snacks she can pack with her. I made some chocolate muffins today and I think I'm going to offer up some cooking projects for money for the older kids.
Yesterday LB made some cinnamon rolls for us. We haven't had them in forever and they were soo good. They went fast and we barely had enough for Honey and Meg for breakfast today. I going to try to make an extra big batch for the freezer. With cream cheese frosting!
I'm also wanting to try my hand at making cheese crackers and graham crackers. This is intimidating even though the directions say it's easy. The fact that I'm intimidated means I'll probably procrastinate and it won't happen. :-)
Anybody have a recipe for ketchup that tastes like the real thing?
Bananas are on sale for $.25/lb this week so I stocked up. We will eat them as long as we can then I'll start in on the smoothies and banana breads. Maybe we'll even have enough for the freezer.
1 comment:
Hey Mrs. Tagg - at UAFS there's a commuter's lounge in the campus center (that's the building where the cafeteria is)....
And there are some tables and a fridge and a microwave in there (or was... obviously Luke and I didn't use it after we got married and moved into the commons).
Anyways, it's open to anyone so you can put your lunch in the fridge and then heat it up in the microwave. It was such a relief after i discovered that b/c it meant i didn't have to eat PBJ every day!
Leftover soup, leftover anything (you can buy small glass pyrex containers that are very good for holding a serving of enchiladas and a side of rice, for example.) is great if youhave a fridge to keep it in and a microwave to warm it in.
But if she's not interested in using the commuters lounge, here are some other lunch ideas: wraps are good for taking, chicken or tuna salad and whole wheat crackers or rice cakes to eat it on is also yummy.
... i know there are other great ideas but i can't think of any just now :)
Post a Comment