Reading some Oswald Chambers this morning and totally not getting it at first. He spoke of letting go of your Elijah.
That would be the one you are leaning on spiritually. And it's ok for a time as long as God puts him there for His purpose. But when that time is up, you must step out on your own. You must still go to the Jordan, to Bethel, to the next place. Even if you think you can't.
Do you have an Elijah? Is there someone that God is using in your life to grow you? Mentor you? Disciple you? And when that time is up will you be able to walk alone?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I feel like I am losing friendships left and right. Well, maybe not losing exactly, but certainly changing to be sure. And I'm asking a million questions. Is it me? Why am I stirring up trouble all of a sudden? Or is it just a time when God is teaching me to rely on Him more? Was I leaning on an Elijah (or two) instead of trusting in God? Were my affections misplaced?
Thinking and praying......
No comments:
Post a Comment