~I connected in a new way with my husband. It was over a Pastor Dale sermon on Romans 12. Do you have that dvd? It's really good. We watched it for date night. Afterward he commented about being homesick. What? He has never mentioned being homesick. He's talked about missing Greg and Brandon but that's about it. We had a nice long talk. And ya know what? Somehow just knowing he feels a little of what I feel about it made me feel so much better.
~Speaking of home...the Wings are coming!! Did I say that already? I'll probably say it a lot more.
~The spinach isn't growing but the garlic IS! And so is the dill.
~I got to go grocery shopping! Inspired by all the food in the house, I menued the entire month! Never done that before. It's my new experiment.
~Conner came over to play with my son. He was the entertainment of the day for everybody. The thing I like about this kid is the fact that he seems so positive, so happy, and has a big smile. He's a good conversationalist and has no problem talking to adults. I pulled my son aside and pointed out these things to him. I'll probably re-visit it later.
~I saw Fireproof with 2 of my daughters.
~I got to buy Eldest a new book b/c I love her.
~I made 3 batches of banana bread for the freezer and muffins for worship practice.
~We had fun company over for dinner Monday and they brought us buttercup squash and zucchini to play with.
~I took Bird and Lane shopping and looked at Christmas decor at Hobby Lobby. They fixed a picture for me for free. I don't like to shop but I LOVE the delight in my kids when they shop. We talked about which Christmas tree would look the best in Emo's house and how wreaths look like donuts We felt all the soft pretty yarn on the yarn aisle and wished we knew how to sew. I love my girls.
~I bought pumpkins! 1 big one to cut open and play with. 1 pie pumpkin to cook. 10 little pumpkins to paint. My 4 yo son kept singing "We got a pumpkin, we got a pumpkin!!" Simple pleasures. It was the first thing they showed Conner when he came over. They are sitting on my porch with the buttercup squash and look so fall-ish.
~It's been a good school week for the little boys and we're working on their speeches for Oral Reports on Friday. Of course now all of our calendar time centers around how many more sleeps until my son's b-day (9 more).
~Did you get that?? Oral Reports and Gym on Friday...no other school!! Then Eldest and I are going to dinner with Cherry and her momma to meet a friend in town from Wyoming. After that she's going to a new Bible study. I'm so thankful for her friend Cherry.
It's a good week.
3 comments:
the Wings are coming!the Wings are coming!the Wings are coming!the Wings are coming!the Wings are coming!the Wings are coming!the Wings are coming!the Wings are coming!the Wings are coming!the Wings are coming!the Wings are coming!the Wings are coming!the Wings are coming!the Wings are coming!the Wings are coming!the Wings are coming!the Wings are coming!the Wings are coming!the Wings are coming!the Wings are coming!the Wings are coming!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So glad that the wingies are gonna visit ya'll!
You aren't that excited, are you?
I'm making my month-menu today.
Late, I know, but we wouldn't have been able to grocery shop before tomorrow, any ways.
I'm feeling a blue-funk in my menu planning.... I want just a few new things, that aren't expensive and that ARE healthy...
Hmmmm, and something that I'll have time to cook!
Maybe my great experimental cooking days will come when I graduate.
That's another thing, I love to experiment in the kitchen, but it doesn't happen as often when I make a menu... Because I'm too prepared?
Still, I much prefer the menu, it's so orderly and easy, and we don't have to run to the store to buy things so I can make dinner...
I just want to make something bizarre (and cheap and tasty) this month...
Any suggestions?
I don't know about bizarre but how 'bout taco cornbread? It's pretty yummy...
http://artags.blogspot.com/search?q=taco+cornbread
Post a Comment