Beautiful weather!
~Another soccer victory! 2 of my sons are finished with the season. They also got to walk the Rapids players onto the field Saturday night while Honey took pix. It was a big night!
~I gave each of the kids an extra chore to finish before Saturday night. Many hands make light work. They cleaned the fridge, made cereal, organized the library, and cleaned the glass.
~I had some bread that didn't turn out right. Doughy in the middle, crumbly around the sides--who knows. So I spread it out on a cookie sheet, broiled it, and made croutons.
~I made garlic bread a new way. Instead of making individual slices, I laid the loaf on its side and sliced it into 3 long equal pieces. Then I used it like french bread. It fit on one cookie sheet, and I saved time and butter.
~King Soopers has wheat bread on sale for .49/loaf. I bought 10 loaves to stick in the freezer for emergencies.
~I made an extra big dinner on Saturday to ensure leftovers for Sunday. Lasagna, garlic bread, salad, and broccoli.
~I switched the kids' date night food from mac & cheese to boxed cereal and yogurt. They were thrilled! I hit the cereal sale at Walgreens and stocked up.
~Honey took Eldest to Old Navy and bought her 2 pairs of jeans. Oh was she happy!! She smiled all day and reminded me of her brand new jeans than nobody has ever worn before. He mentioned later that that was the best part of his weekend.
~Some of my kids are finished Christmas shopping. They drew names for the first time this year with the understanding that they were not restricted to only that name. Some of my kids with extra money like to buy gifts for everybody. Jes drew Nate and bought him a cool ball shooting Nerf gun. I'm surprised that there are still Nerf guns that we don't already own.
~I had to raise the target price of my dish soap. My previous price was .50/bottle. Now it is .75/bottle. I was happy to still find a deal at .50 this weekend though.
~I finished Joshua and have moved into Judges.
~My grocery budget is still looking good with less than a week to go. Since I totally blew it last month I'm thrilled that this month is better!
~Honey and I had a nice long chat for date night plus a quick walk before it got too dark. Date night is such a sweet way to close the week.
No comments:
Post a Comment