Wednesday, October 22, 2008

What Is Love?

Here is our family memory verse this week...

"And He has given us this command: Whoever loves God must also love his brother." 1John 4:21

I polled my kids and asked them for practical examples of showing love to another. Here's what they came up with..

  • If your brother is too short to see the hippos at the zoo you can lift him up so he can see better.
  • Teach him how to ride his bike.
  • Help him play XBox.
  • Don't leave a mess in your brother's jurisdiction.
  • Pull him around on the sled.
  • Help him with his chores.
  • Play with him.
  • Help him with his school.
  • Protect him.

I thought it interesting that they all thought of things that fall into the time or service category.

Speaking of polls. We got our voting done yesterday! Early voting at the library and I was already there for story time. How convenient was that? There was nobody there so I called Honey and he came too. Nice to have that done.

Today's meals...

Breakfast- scrambled eggs, toast, homemade yogurt

Lunch- still thinking...we ate the leftovers.

Dinner- still thinking on this one too b/c I forgot to thaw out the chicken I was planning for tonight.

HOMEMADE YOGURT
If you've never made homemade yogurt, it is so easy! We bought a 1 quart yogurt maker for around $30.

Pour in 1 quart of milk and heat until very warm. Add 1/2 C. plain yogurt and 1/4 C powdered milk. Stir. Plug in the machine and let it cook all day. Pop it in the fridge before you go to bed and you have nice thick yogurt in the morning. The longer it refrigerates the thicker it is.

Initially you need to buy a small container of plain yogurt or yogurt starter. After you make your first batch you can reserve 1/2 C. of the homemade to use as your next starter.

No comments: