I spilled sour cream all over the floor, up the cabinets, and on the rug. It wasn't even 7:30am. Yuck. Before I knew it I had 2 kids in there with offers to help me clean it up. Ahhh, such sweeties.
Not an hour later I hear some squabbling in the living room. You see it was Saturday morning and kids had been trading beds and camping out the night before. A little boy needed his big sister's help to fold up his sleeping bag. But it wasn't going well. He wasn't doing it the way she wanted. She was unwilling to step in with more than her mouth. Tears were rolling, frustration was mounting. That's when I came in.
How glad I am that I spent some time with the Lord that morning. His Word was perfect for my day.
"We who are strong ought to bear with the failings of the weak and not to please ourselves. Each of us should please his neighbor for his good, to build him up. " Rom 15:1-2
I can sympathize with my daughter. She helps out a lot and cleans up a lot of messes that are not her own. However, her brother needed her and she should be just as willing to bear with his failings as she was with mine. We talked about serving and about being a peace maker. I also talked to my little son.
I've been meditating on this verse this week and asking the Lord to show me the ones I can bear with, do good for, and build up. I need to look no further than my own living room. Loving my children, patiently teaching them, and always pointing them to the Savior.
No comments:
Post a Comment