Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Walking

My quiet walks are so refreshing. I'm not going in the mornings anymore. Sometimes I go in the afternoon, sometimes I go in the evenings during soccer practice. Tonight I slipped out before worship practice and took Joey for a run. It's such an alone time to think, worship, sing, and reflect on the day.

I've been thinking about going to a different place just to change things up. But tonight I decided...why? This is such a pretty place why change it? So with my dog and iPod I headed off. A little ways up the road my ponytail started falling out. So I dropped the leash and fixed it. And as if he hadn't already peed on everything up until now the dog had to pee on his leash!!! Grrrr......

It's dusk and there's not many people out. I figured it was safe to sing out loud. But when I turned the corner there were people in the place I like to run! Apparently they were disappointed that I was there b/c they left soon afterward. Maybe it was the singing. In any case Joey and I had the place to ourselves.

God brings to mind so many things for me to ponder and pray about when I'm running. I love it. But tonight my mind kept going to the remorse of past sins. Do you know what song was next on my iPod (set to shuffle)? Chris Tomlin's Amazing Grace. Ahhhhh..... Isn't God good? That song has been special to me for a long time anyway. And I don't think anyone does it as well as Chris Tomlin.

"My chains are gone, I've been set free! My God, my Savior has ransomed me!"

No comments: