Saturday, October 11, 2008

This Weekend

~Cold and drizzly. NOT my favorite soccer weather. I'm glad I pulled out the winter clothes. I'm not done with the clothes exchange yet, but close.

~My first book day yesterday. I hope my friends had a good time. I did. I don't know if I'll do it again though. I'm considering hosting one online. What do you think? Would any of you do it with me?

~I'm working today to prepare for the Sabbath tomorrow. It was so great last week that I wanna do it again.

~I've made a new commitment...or lack of. Except for gym and OR I am not doing any outside activities until February. This will give us time to enjoy holiday prep, the Wings, and 2 more birthdays.

~My baby oil deal didn't work at the grocery store. Rats!

~My grocery budget is looking much better this month. And we're over 1/3 of the way through it.

~My plans for next week....call my dad (b/c I haven't in awhile and I wanna hear his voice), debate and soccer practice, card making with kids, working with COWs in the kitchen, finish clothes exchange, gym, cook a whole pumpkin, and that's about it.

~Oh I almost forgot, my husband and daughter informed me that it's rude (yes RUDE!) to not participate in worship practice if you're hosting it at your house *even though* you're not on the worship team! Did you know that? I didn't. So I shall add that to the list instead of my phone date.

Today's meals....
Breakfast- omelets
Lunch - sandwiches
Dinner- scalloped potatoes, roasted tomato salad, salad, and bread
Tea- pumpkin muffins

Scalloped Potatoes In The Crockpot

Enough potatoes to feed your family peeled and thinly sliced
Tonight I added some leftover turkey and fresh spinach
chopped garlic

Make a white sauce and pour over potatoes
1/2 C. butter melted on the stove
1/2 C. flour
Cook for about 1 minute

Add 1 block of cream cheese and work into the mixture while you also add:
2 C. each chicken broth and milk
salt and pepper
Stir and cook until thick and creamy

Cook on HIGH until potatoes are soft. Then stir in a couple of handfuls of grated cheddar.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just reminder, gym and debate are Oct. 24. We couldn't get the facility this Friday. See you then. So glad you are feeling at home in Colorado!

Anonymous said...

Oh I totally forgot! Thank you Lori. We would've been the only ones there wondering why everybody was late!