Saturday, October 04, 2008

Observing The Sabbath

My friend Yvette has spurred me on to try to make Sundays more restful. She works hard on Saturday and rests on Sunday...just like God meant it to be I guess. I've never had a clear picture of what that looked like until talking with her. So today I've been busy busy busy so that tomorrow I can read, walk, nap, or whatever.

~I got up early, read my Bible, and made a big batch of cereal for today and tomorrow.

~2 soccer games. 2 wins!

~I worked a little on the clothes exchange.

~I've had my kids working extra hard on their jurisdictions. The clothes exchange always brings that about!

~I've made extra everything so tomorrow's kitchen work will be minimal. AND it fit in with my new monthly menu. (more on that later)

~Tonight we will pick clothes for tomorrow and make sure everything is ready..including a clean house.

Today's meals...
Breakfast- cereal
Lunch - leftovers
Dinner- hamburgers, oven fries, chocolate oatmeal cake

Looking forward to tomorrow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Resting on the Sabbath--such a great idea! I try to do that, too. I start cooking extra food on Thursday or Friday so I have only leftovers to heat up on Sunday. Lately I've been trying to get my school planning for the week done before Sunday, too. It really gives me a great sense of freedom--and permission to rest!

Hope you find it to be wonderfully refreshing!

Wendy