Thursday, June 12, 2008

New Things

This has been a year full of change for my family. A new baby, a new job, and a huge move to another state. Things that were familiar are no more. And while at first glance it would seem that we have stepped out of our comfort zone, I can tell you that it is not so.

Our house, city, friends, church, and even family is different but our God is still the same. He never changed. He was with us from step one and He is still here now. He comforted us during times of separation and desperation. He proved to be the constant in a time of upheaval.

I recently had the privilege of visiting my home town. I loved the familiarity of it all.
Everything was just the same. When I came back home I was surprised by something I totally did not expect. I started to notice that these places are looking quite homey to me. I'm learning how to get around. I have new weekly events to look forward to. I'm enjoying my neighborhood. I love my church.

And as I was thinking of these things the Lord spoke to my heart...
"See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? " Isa. 43:18

When the Lord speaks to my heart like this I feel so blown away by His love. I wasn't thinking about that verse, or about any Scripture for that matter. I was simply taking note of what was around me. It was another reminder that He is always here. Right here! Even when I'm not paying attention, He is paying attention to me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Praise the Lord! What a precious testimony of His very personal presence and love for us!!!

Renee