Well not really, but almost.
Last night Honey and I went on a date while the g'mas watched the kiddos. We went to dinner, walked around the lake, and browsed through the book store. Then he wanted to go home. What?! It's not even 8pm! Do we have to go home NOW? Yes, he wanted to go home.
So I walk in the door and ...... SURPRISE!!!
Really really surprise as half of my church is in the kitchen. My first thought was, "Oh no! I forgot it was Bible study night!" No, Bible study is Thursday. They were there for an early birthday party for ME!
My b-day isn't for a couple of more weeks but Mom wanted to do it while she was in town. Isn't she a love? It was all so fun. So she and Nana and the kids were busy planning and organizing and I had no idea. I didn't even notice extra cars in the street. Weird.
Mom made me this most beautiful quilt with all my kids hands and feet. Meg and Lane helped with this one. In the basement in the old house I had lots of little hand prints painted on the wall. From bigger kids to little bitty newborns. Meg traced them off the wall and gave them to G'ma. Knowing that someone would paint over that someday was a sad thought. But now thanks to my sweet family I have them with me now and HERE!
Thank you all so very much! It was lotsa fun.
3 comments:
Well, I didn't actually TRACE them, but Gma had the same ones.
how wonderful!! Sounds like fun..
that is so sweet! what an amazing quilt! (post a pic??)
Post a Comment