I made our menu this week by taking inventory of what I already had plus what was on sale. Eggs are on sale through tomorrow and since my kids are good egg eaters we go through quite a few. I will also boil 2 dozen and let the kids color them. Then I'll use them as snacks and in salads. I love when eggs are on sale!
So eggs were top on the list as well as lettuce, beef, and spaghetti sauce. That gave me a good place to start.
I don't usually plan breakfast or lunches. We have homemade granola almost every morning and leftovers or sandwiches for lunch. I usually just plan for dinner and tea.
We have pizza every Friday night thanks to my bread machine and bean burritos on Thursdays (Bible study night) out of the crock pot. Whatever would I do without these servants? I love having a planned meal on at least one night of the week. It's one more thing not to think about.
Here's our menu this week....
Monday - breakfast burritos (scrambled eggs with spinach, oven potatoes, leftover steak chopped up with tortillas and salsa), and LB's chocolate chip muffins.
Tuesday - Spaghetti w/meatballs, salad and bread with 4 minute brownie pie.
Wednesday - Meatloaf w/ mashed potatoes, green beans, salad, and bread with pb shortbread.
Thursday - Bean burritos (refried beans in the crock pot with onion, cheese, sour cream and salsa w/ chips and a new cookie recipe.
Friday - Pizza! and german choc cake.
I'm hoping to share my new cookie recipe. We'll see how it turns out.
No comments:
Post a Comment