Tis true. I think He enjoys showing me all the ways He provides for me. I pray before I shop. I pray that He will open my eyes to show me what are good deals for my family. I pray for self control to leave behind the things I don't need. I pray for the cashiers. I pray that I won't forget what I went to the store for in the first place.
Looking into my freezer I noticed it was looking fairly bare. I figured that I had enough meat to last for the rest of June but that was it. My parents raise cows and have blessed us over and over throughout the years with lots of beef. Now I'm many miles away and it's likely not to happen much more.
So I prayed for meat. I prayed for the Lord to start teaching me what was a good price to pay and to show me how to fit it into my budget. Then I get a call. My mom is coming for a visit and bring us a cow! My freezer is full. My God is good. I praise Him and I think He smiles at how amazed I am at His provision over and over again. Thank you God. Thank you G'pa and Nana and G'ma and PawPaw.
I went to the dentist this week. All is good. No cavities. But he said he'd like me to switch to an electric toothbrush b/c I brush too hard. So I mentioned to the Lord that while I'm thankful for all the free toothbrushes I'm getting, I'd really like an electric one now. In my Sunday paper was an offer for 2 free battery toothbrushes, and 2 free replacements!
"And my God will supply all your needs according to His glorious riches in Christ Jesus." Phil 4:19
What are you trusting God for today?
3 comments:
I named our cow Billy.
:P
Sandy ~ I am so excited for you! and if I'm going to be entirely honest, I'll have to admit, I'm a bit jealous, too.... but mostly excited :-)
I needed to hear this today!
Love,
Shawna
Post a Comment