My Sweetie is 7!
We've had a good day. We woke up to about 2 1/2 inches of snow. I put on a pot of hot water for hot chocolate. Surely we won't have too many more of these kind of days left.
He wanted cinnamon rolls for breakfast. I got up early and got them going in the bread machine. When it was time to take them out...oh no!! Something went terribly wrong and the dough was just a bunch of crumbs. So I told him we'd make cinnamon toast instead and I'd make him some cinnamon rolls for tea. He was good with that. While making the cinnamon toast, LB asked to help. I should've watched her more closely cuz when I turned around she had covered everything with way too much cinnamon. Well, there was nothing to do but cook it anyway. Birthday Boy ate it graciously but said, "I don't think I ever want cinnamon toast again."
We opened presents at lunch time when Daddy came home. His big present was a ticket to the opening day Rapids game. Honey is taking him at the end of the month. They are going early and staying late and "doing it all". It's gonna be a ton of fun!! It's also CT's present too since his b-day is shortly after.
One of his favorite presents is a big blow up Spiderman punching thing. He's had fun with it all day.
We had cinnamon rolls for tea that turned out much better than the first batch. I forgot his special request for egg nog. I gotta make it in the morning.
Tonight we had pizza and french fries with choc ice cream cake. He helped his big sis make the cake and it was yummy. Frozen icing is the best! We all went around the table and told something we loved about him. Good time.
~He loves to laugh and can not possibly laugh quietly. He laughs out loud and makes everyone else laugh too.
~He loves soccer.
~He's a good reader and loves to learn something new in his lessons.
~He just learned to tie his shoes. Way to go Bud!
~He likes it when I climb in his bed and read our read-aloud book.
~He loves to raid Daddy's tool box and hammer 17 nails into a single piece of wood. He makes all sorts of good stuff.
~He says snow is boring.
~He is a coin collector just like his big brother. He loves all sorts of money.
~He is quick to apologize when wrong.
I love you Baby Boy! Happy Birthday!!
2 comments:
Didn't realize he was SO close in age to my future bro-in-law, Samuel. Like, a day apart.
Well, happy birthday to him.
btw, I think it's wonderful that he can be so flexible about birthday treats :)
Can you believe these little guys are now seven??? Seems like yesterday we were in the hospital at the same time. :) I didn't even know you were there until I saw your hubby and children coming up from the parking lot to see you. Precious little boys!
Happy Birthday, 7-year-old!
Love,
Susie
Post a Comment