My 3yo son is so weird about his clothes. During the spring/summer seasons all is well but when the fall hits we are in for a battle.
Socks, pants, and long sleeved shirts are clothes that bring despair. Actually the socks are ok to wear but they have to be just right. Snug around his whole foot, the heel part only on the heel, tight with nothing extra. His pants can not go all the way down to his foot. He has to roll them up. He rolls up the sleeves on shirts and jackets so that they won't go all the way to his hands.
Then he does the test. He puts his arms down by his side and shakes likes crazy. If the sleeves are still rolled up, he's good to go. Same with his bike helmet. He shakes his head all over the place to make sure it's nice and tight. Funny kid.
I had to buy socks for the boys yesterday. I pick out the older boys' socks first. Easy. Then I look for Mayfee's kind. NONE to be found!! I'm not giving up easily and I'm standing there searching and hoping.
Another mom was looking too. She says, "Do you see any small short socks?" Nope. So she grabs a different bag and bends down to her small son. "They don't have your socks. I'm going to have to buy the long ones and you are *not* going to cry about it. Do you hear me?"
Big smile. I can so relate!
2 comments:
That's so funny. Isaac is the exact same way. He also has "special socks" and is very annoyed if they don't line up just right on his foot. And he would wear shorts and a t-shirt every day if I let him. When he was younger, I put a shirt on that had sleeves that were a little too long and he got all flustered and said, "this shirt is too sleevy!"
:) Amanda
That sounds like my little brother back in the day! So cute. And frustrating at times I'm sure! ;o)
Post a Comment