One of the great things about our church is the number of older people. Unfortunately we don't know them very well yet. They sit on the left and we sit on the right. Being Baptists we wouldn't dream of switching pews!
The girls and I are going to start going to their SS class and try to do some of the things they do. Tomorrow we're going to lunch at Red Lobster with them. I would like to try to bridge the gap a bit and enjoy the older generation. They have so much to offer and we have much to learn.
"...now for a little while you may have had to suffer grief in all kinds of trial. These have come so that your faith--of greater worth than gold, which perishes even though refined by fire--may be proved genuine and may result in praise, glory and honor when Jesus Christ is revealed. " 1Pet 1:6-7
The more experienced generation has seen more, done more and been through more grief, therefore more refining. Maybe that's why they are usually described with such adjectives as sweet, kind, and cute.
After doing a go-through-the-Bible-in-a-year class at our old church my teen-aged daughter said, "I learned that I can have friends of all ages." Amen!
No comments:
Post a Comment