Friday, March 14, 2008

Happy Birthday #2


Today my second born is 14! Fourteen! We've had a super fun day today. It started off with dodge ball at gym day then Olive Garden for lunch and Horton Hears A Who.

She picked yummy foods for the day.
Breakfast...cinnamon rolls
Lunch...Olive Garden with Mom
Dinner...chicken spaghetti, asparagus, brownies, and homemade oreo ice cream.

I hadn't used the ice cream maker in a while and forgot I needed to freeze the bowl for 8 hours. It turned out more like oreo shakes.

My oldest son really gets into birthday decorating. I took him to the dollar store yesterday to pick out new stuff. The dining room looked great when she came upstairs this morning. She opened her presents first thing and have enjoyed them all day.

Here's some sweet things about my big girl....

~She loves comfy clothes.
~She has been read to since she was little bitty. Now she is reading aloud to her little sister every night.
~She told me that she feels like she is really growing up b/c she doesn't get so excited over little things. I told her to grow slow.
~She has a solid understanding of right/wrong.
~She loves Jesus and wants to be a missionary.
~Salad is her favorite food.
~She has a huge bright smile with sweet dancing eyes. When she is excited it shows all over her whole body.
~She loves loves loves animals.
~She doesn't like to babysit but would love to walk your dog.
~She says she likes school even though it's hard for her.

When I asked her what her hopes were for this year she said, "To put down anger and to not cry over school."

Happy Birthday Honey Girl. I love you so much!!

No comments: