Today I taught my 7yo son how to clean his bathroom. Since he shares it with 3 other brothers it gets gross fast.
I took him in there to look and I asked him to show me what he thought needed to be done. I want him to have eyes to see without me having to baby him with a list.
We attacked the medicine cabinet and the vanity doors first. With each job I showed him what to do, got him started, and told him to come get me when he was done. In the meantime, I stayed close helping his brothers to clean up the basement.
I checked that job then we moved to the next one. In this way we cleaned the whole bathroom, including the floor. It looks soooo nice. When he was done I let him spray room freshener as a finishing touch. He was really proud of his job well done and said it was fun.
It took us over an hour to do it this way but I think it was time well invested. A couple of more weeks of this training and he should be able to do it on his own. I'm working my way out of another job!
1 comment:
that's great! Little boys sure can be messy in the bathroom, ha? I'm all for a "sitting" rule! :o)
Post a Comment