Saturday, June 23, 2007

Squash Fritters

Here's a great way to use up extra squash from your garden. We are a non-squash eating family b/c I've never found a healthy recipe that we like. A friend gave me the squash and the recipe. I made it for my crew and all 8 kids liked it. WOW.

Squash Fritters
6T olive oil
3 eggs beaten
1 2/3 C. milk
1 1/2 C. corn meal
3 C. grated squash or zucchini packed
6 T. sour cream
6 T. Parmesan cheese
1 1/2t. salt
3/4 t. pepper

Combine all into a pancake-like batter. If too runny add a bit more corn meal, or additional milk if too thick.

Heat a little more oil in a skillet. Pour 1/4 C. batter into skillet and cook as you would pancakes, flipping once.

We had these with beans and salad. Some kids liked salsa with it, some liked ketchup.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YUM! I cannot wait to get some squash and try these.

jodie