Wednesday, June 20, 2007

I remember when my 4 big kids were all little at the same time. That was hard. Now they are all getting big at the same time. This is harder. Yes, teenagers are much harder than little kids. Everything is so emotional. It is not so black and white anymore. I'm always left wondering if I handled it right or not. Who knows? I just pray for the wisdom of Solomon...yes I need *that* much!

It is also harder b/c I am running out of time. The clock is ticking and soon they will be gone. There is much less room for error. Yesterday I followed my 4yo around the house busting his bottom all day long! He had a very bad day of disobedience. I was discouraged at the day's end and welcomed the fact that it was bed time. As tiring as that was, I can take comfort in the fact that he's only 4. We still have time.

My neighbor warned me that it would be like this. Now she tells me that it's not any easier when they are adults. No wonder my parents only had one.

What work could ever be better than this though? Shaping these minds and growing these bodies for God? It is a good work that God has begun and I pray that He carries it on to completion in Christ. I love these little people.

No comments: