I was walking along this morning listening to my Christmas music and not paying any attention to where I was going. I look down to see that I'm 1/2 a step away from a disgusting dead squirrel! Gasp! I swing right and come toe-to-beak with a flattened dead bird! Hello? I need a street sweeper here!!
It's trash day in my neighborhood. I walk along and find something great. In my elderly neighbor's yard is his discarded wreath from his front door. Actually two of them. True, it had seen better days but with a little TLC it can be spiffy again. I picked out the best one and carried it home. I considered both of them, but after all I only have one front door.
I walk around to my old neighborhood and found something else. Someone had thrown away a perfectly good wooden crate thingy. It would be great for magazines or books. 2 of the planks on the bottom are broken but I think I can fix it. One side of the wood is a little worn, but I'll put that side toward the wall. I carried it home and put it on the porch beside my new wreath. I need to walk on trash day more often!
What's on my agenda today? I think a trip to Hobby Lobby is in order.
No comments:
Post a Comment