Thursday, June 21, 2007

More Treasures

I've gotten a few compliments on my new wreath. I had fun fixing it up. It looks good on the front door. I admit that at first it looked like an old lady funeral type flower thing. I had my neighbor come over and help me tweak it. I like it now.

Walking this morning and I found more good stuff. Why do my neighbors get rid of these things? It's not even trash day yet but they had this pile of junk by the street. My next door neighbor was jealous of my wooden crate from last week. He told me he had had his eye on it the night before. He saw the pile this morning but I told him to stay away...that was *my* trash pile!

I got like seven big flower pots. Big, nice, heavy flower pots. I had my oldest son go over and help me carry them home. Since Honey and I just bought new pots for our house I knew how much they cost new. They'll look great in my new house. They also had a bike in the trash. We don't need a bike but the next thing I knew my son was headed back over there with a couple of wrenches! He wanted the seat for his bike. HA! He wasn't able to unscrew it though. Too bad.

So tonight I went walking again and I notice that all the junk is gone. Gone! Where did it go? Trash day isn't until tomorrow. So that leaves a big question mark in my mind. Was it really trash or were they just stacking it there for some other purpose? I hope I didn't just *steal* their flower pots!

No comments: