Man, yesterday was horrible. All this waiting, all this hoping, all this being separated was weighing on me in every way. Know what? Today I got word that the kids and I are spending the month of July in CO!! We're staying in the student housing...actually the exact same unit that we stayed in before! God is so good to send this gift when I was feeling so down. It really is a gift too. You see, all we have to pay for is utilities. I can't wait! We leave the 9th and will be gone for the rest of the month. Ahhhh........
I watched a sermon yesterday that lifted my spirits so much. Today I read about thankfulness. Between the sermon and the article, I realized how unthankful I can be sometimes. I set the tone in my home and so much of the time I am a big grouch. How can I expect my kids to be any different? I have to say though, that my kids are usually the ones to lift me up. They usually smile and are cheerful to each other. I want to show (and tell) them how thankful I am for each one of them. I want to show it in my tone and in my actions and words. Most of all though, I want genuine thankfulness in my heart since from the overflow of the heart the mouth speaks.
I have SOOOO much to be thankful for. My home is not here in AR or there in CO it is in Heaven. In a mansion that the Lord is preparing for me. I will get to spend eternity there with my God who loves me so and also with my sweet ones that are here. Thank you Lord!
No comments:
Post a Comment