Thursday, June 28, 2007

Draw A Card Please

My new 30 minutes job idea is going well. This week we've sort of gotten behind though so the big kids and I stayed up tonight and caught up.

This is how we do it. I wrote out different jobs on cards. Each job takes about 30 minutes. On the card is also the instructions on just how to do that job so it also serves as a check list. In the morning I pick out several different job cards that need to be done. I fan them out, game style, and everyone chooses one without looking. I also put fun cards in there like "Congratulations...You're off!" and "Pick a Scripture and work on memorizing and spelling it" . #1 is sure she'll never pick those. She always seems to get the hard ones...sorry Sweetie.

This has been good because everyone gets different things to do. CT has never had to iron before b/c his sisters do it for him. Guess who got the ironing card? With a little coaching, he did a good job. The little boys don't draw a card yet. Instead, I wait to see who has what and assign them as a helper according to their abilities.

My original plan was to use this time to work with COW on whichever job they got, to train them in the finer points of cleaning. So far, that hasn't worked out yet. It's still my goal to shoot for though.....maybe tomorrow.

5 more sleeps!!

No comments: