Friday, June 30, 2006

His good summer

I was thinking today about our oldest son and thought what a fun summer he is having. Actually we are all having a fun summer but he was the one I was thinking about in particular.

#1 son (#3 in birth order) is doing a speed training camp for 5 weeks that he LOVES. He had to take an athletic physical. He does not love that part of it. He has 20/20 vision, is 70% in height and 40% in weight. Lean and tall. Healthy in every way. Thank you Lord!!

Our nephew spent a week with us and it was especially fun for #3. We've also had a lot of recent company from the G'mas. Everyone loves that.

He's had great fun with the pool and even enjoys cleaning it.

Summer 3v3 soccer is his all-time favorite. He is on a formidable team and travels many weekends with his dad and a sibling or two.

His coach hooked us up with a temporary satellite so he can watch the World Cup. He also brought him back a World Cup t-shirt from Germany. It's his favorite.

He was the first one to discover Baby Girl's new tooth. I'm so glad he has a baby sister to love on. He was too little to remember LB when she was born but has always loved our friends' baby girls. He finished his work early today and watched her while I finished mine. Later he commented on what a good day he had with her. She's crazy about him too.

He and his big sister have many jobs feeding pets and watering plants for out-of-town neighbors.

I know all little boys are in love with their Momma but I do so enjoy his sweetness. The other day I was standing in the family room and the fan was on. He said "Momma you look so pretty when the fan blows your hair like that." Aaawwwww..........isn't he a love?

No comments: