Sunday, June 04, 2006

Our House

I know, I know, I already typed the praises of our backyard. But today as it is a beautiful day and I have 4 little kids to play I am thankful for it all over again. Actually I am so thankful for my whole house. I just love it! There is hardly anything that I don't like about it.

Since it is such a perfect day, we will spend the whole of it outside. Since I have little boys, they don't even need to go in to the bathroom! .......Was that too much information?
I will serve us lunch outside, and of course LOTS of popsicles! Yesterday I made banana ones with over-ripe bananas. I can't wait until they try them. We will not even need to come in until Honey (he said I can't use first names anymore) and everyone else comes home.

Here's a little about my house....
When we first bought it I thought the outside was so ugly. Well, I still do. But it's mine and that endears it to me more than any beautiful fancy new house ever could. Plus it's very unique and easy to describe when giving someone directions. That's good.

My bedroom is upstairs away from everyone else's. It's a nice quiet place for me when I have too many little boys underfoot or too many hard math problems to figure out. That's a perfect set up for an only child with 8 kids!

Speaking of being an only child....I don't like to share! I have my very own closet that I don't have to share with anyone. Oh, I do love that! It's the perfect size too. Not too big so that I put lots of junk in it, but plenty big enough for what I have....and then some.

I have 2 separate living rooms, upstairs and down. I can have a quiet visit with a friend upstairs while my little ones are downstairs. There are even lots of pocket doors to close to keep out noise. That's also great when Honey lets me sleep in sometimes.

Well I could go on and on but I'm needed outside. Let me just say that I LOVE my house and I'm so thankful for it. If I designed it myself it could not meet my needs and desires more than this one that God is providing now. That thought really excites me when I think of my home in heaven. How much more perfect will it be? I can not even imagine.

Thank you GOD, and thank you Honey for being such a sweet provider and giving me these extras that I don't really need. I love you.



No comments: