My neighbor just called and gave me 5 sacks of girls' clothes! LB and I just went through them and they are wonderful. Most of them are from Children's Place and Gap and other places that I can't afford. What a great provision from the Lord! MG will be able to wear them for the next couple of years b/c they are sizes 24 mos -4T.
I hardly ever have to buy clothes for my kids b/c it seems that even before I need them, someone offers their hand-me-downs. I think I probably spend less for my 8 kids than most people spend for 2.
When people hear that we have 8, I get the same questions over and over again. One of the most asked is "how can you afford it?"
One day I was standing in line at Sams. I noticed in the line beside me a guy with a flat bed cart piled high with foods that was obviously for his vending machine business. I looked at my own and it was just as full! Out of nowhere, panic seized my heart. Thoughts went through my head like:
"This is how much we need just for 2 weeks!"
"This is just food--there isn't even any 'extra' here."
"What if Honey lost his job, how would we buy all this food?...food for my KIDS?"
Just as quickly, I felt the Lord speaking to my heart saying:
"This all comes from My hand, not Honey's."
"I am the One who takes care of you."
I left Sams so thankful. My shopping trips have never been the same. No longer do I dread the grocery store. Now I am glad I GET to go.
So my answer to the "How can you afford it?" is... "I can't, but God can!" Whether it is food for my pantry or clothes for my kids, the Lord has been more than generous.
No comments:
Post a Comment