Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Different Dinners

My cooking had gotten into a rut. I was making the same ol' things over and over again. Also, I noticed that my kids were getting a little picky and starting to turn their noses up at things. I needed something new.

While I was at story time at the library, we went upstairs and found 2 cookbooks. One is a vegetarian cookbook for good side dishes, the other is by the Frugal gourmet. I've enjoyed pouring through both of them looking for new ideas.

Tonight we're having grilled portobello burgers. Basically it's just a portobello mushroom grilled and eaten on a bun like a burger. It also has a special mayonnaise. I tried this a long time ago but it didn't turn out right. After reading this recipe, I think I know where I messed up and I'm hoping tonight's dinner will turn out better. We're also having twice baked potatoes (with potatoes out of PawPaw's garden) and salad. Sound yummy? I hope so, I'll let ya know!

No comments: