Monday, June 19, 2006

a bad weekend

Have you ever had one of those weekends that was so bad you were actually glad it was Monday? Well, I'm glad it's Monday. Weekends like this make me think of the verse in Ecc that says "The end of a matter is better than its beginning." Thankfully we don't get many of these weekends so I can look forward to the next.

Honey and I had a big disagreement...ok it was a fight. It was all his fault. Well, maybe a little bit was mine but it was mostly his. ;-) We've been married almost 18 years and I'm still trying to figure him out. Most of the time I understand him pretty well and when I don't, it throws me for a loop and messes up my whole day.

I love the book Created To Be His Helpmeet by Debi Pearl. I have read this book backwards and forwards and find it so helpful everytime I open it. I am going through it again with 2 friends of mine once a week. So anytime I have a new "learning opportunity" in my relationship with Honey I ask myself "What would Debi say?".

After asking myself this question all weekend I've come to the conclusion that she would say it wasn't all his fault afterall. It never really is, is it? I have a tendency to be quite selfish and ignore Jesus' words of "deny yourself". That is a hard one for me because my self is very strong. If I had, the weekend would've been much better.

Thankfully the weekend ended well. We had a pretty good day yesterday and I had a lot of fun playing tennis with him in the street. We had our usual date night last night and it was fun as usual. Dinner, movie, snow cones, a little bit of shopping, and a lot of talking and laughing. I wish I could rewind the whole thing and do it again. I can think of plenty of things now that would've made the weekend better and blessed Honey instead of being a thorn in his side. Why couldn't I think of them Saturday? Oh well, hindsight is 20/20. I will write this off as another learning opportunity. If I were never challenged, I wouldn't grow. I hope I'll do better next time and try to make Debi proud.

Looking forward to next weekend......

No comments: