Thursday, June 29, 2006

Budget Idea

This year Honey has trusted me to do our budget. I've really had fun with it. I enjoy the challenge of finding places to save money.

I was having a hard time staying within my grocery budget. I usually shop at Walmart and Sams and buy everything else I need there besides groceries. I decided that that was where my trouble lied. I intended to separate the receipt when I got home and put the "others" in the appropriate category but sometimes I forgot. My new idea was to put all my food money on a shopping card.

My food budget is $800 a month for food, cleaners, diapers, and paper products. I put all of that except $50 on a Walmart/Sams card. This month's budget is going great! When I went shopping this week and bought food plus other things like storage containers I paid for all the food first with my shopping card then paid for the others separately. I think it's going to work!

No comments: