Saturday, June 10, 2006

My mom makes the BEST potato salad. It is one of those foods that doesn't have an exact recipe, you just have to know how to make it. She makes it GREAT! It's one of my favorite foods and whenever I visit her house she usually makes it for me. I eat it for every meal until I leave.

I like to make it too but it doesn't taste the same. Mom uses the right ingredients, I use whatever I happen to have. No wonder it's not the same! The funny thing is that most people don't really like it. I guess it's an acquired taste, or a quirky family taste bud because my kids love it too.

I made extra mashed potatoes today for lunch and chopped up all the rest of the stuff to go into my potato salad tomorrow. Guess what? There aren't enough leftover potatoes even though I made extra. Too bad!!

Mom, are you still coming next week? If so, would you pleeeaase bring me some potato salad? Make a lot so my kids don't eat it all!!

No comments: