Monday, July 03, 2006

A Heavenly Marriage

My Bible reading was so insightful this morning. I was reading in Mark chapter 3. Verses 24-27 says:

" If a kingdom is divided against itself, that kingdom cannot stand. If a house is divided against itself, that house cannot stand. And if Satan opposes himself and is divided, he cannot stand; his end has come. In fact, no one can enter a strong man's house and carry off his possessions unless he first ties up the strong man. Then he can rob his house. "

As I have mentioned before, I am going through the book Created To Be His Helpmeet with a couple of my friends. As I was reading though this I thought of how this relates to our marriages. In a heavenly marriage there can be no divisions. We must stand as ONE. Wives cannot allow satan to tie us up and rob our houses of the peace, joy, contentment, and harmony that God would have for us.

James 4:1-2 says :
"What causes fights and quarrels among you? Don't they come from your desires that battle within you? You want something but don't get it. You kill and covet, but you cannot have what you want. You quarrel and fight. You do not have, b/c you do not ask God. "

Isn't that so true? I know I certainly enjoy getting my own way!! When I don't it is easy for my selfish desires to manifest themselves in some sort of discord. This causes a division in my heart whether or not I even speak it out loud. Further down in verses 7-11 God gives us His gracious answer:

"Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. Come near to God and he will come near to you. Wash your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, your double-minded. Grieve, mourn, and wail. Change your laughter to mourning and your joy to gloom. Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will lift you up. "

When we submit ourselves to God, He says the devil will flee! He will have no power to divide or steal. We will be too strong in the Lord for him to tie us up and carry off our possessions of joy, love, peace, and contentment.

It just makes the whole day good to get some special word from the Lord. And it's barely 7 :00! I am blessed already.

1 comment:

Shawna said...

What a blessing you are to me Sandy!
Love,
Shawna