I love the school supply sales this time of year. For years I would just pick out a bunch of stuff and bring it home to surprise everyone. They liked that but one year I happened to have everyone with me when I was shopping. That was the first time they had ever chosen their own stuff. I was almost embarrassed by their enthusiasm at the store! I had no idea that a $.89 folder could be so exciting.
Since then I've always let everyone pick their own stuff. I take them one at a time and let them get whatever they want. I just finished up today with CT. This year that even included a couple of new lunch boxes. They are anxious to try them out at Honey's office next week.
I made school boxes for the little boys with new crayons, scissors, pencils, etc. It'll make them feel like big boys when they sit down for school time. It's so fun to spoil them this way!
1 comment:
I noticed that too with Beth last year-she was so excited about new markers and new crayons- who knew?! She asked me for a 10 cent notebook the other day and was thrilled with it. This is a good thing!
Love,
Shawna
Post a Comment