Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Little Shadows

It is my week to carpool for speed training camp. I dropped off #3 and his friend at the door and parked. It takes awhile to unload my little 2 and 3 yos out of the car and make our way to the building. As we were walking I said, "Hey boys! Look at our shadows!" For the rest of the walk 3 yo sang a shadow song that he made up off the top of his head with his little brother trying to copy. I just watched our shadows and listened to their voices.

It was so cute. My shadow is balancing 2 lawn chairs, my planner, and holding 2yo's hand. Little 2yo's shadow is a 1/2 step behind. He can not hold my hand back b/c both hands are full of matchbox cars so I am actually holding his wrist. His thin little legs are walking and trying to keep up while his mind and mouth are trying to copy his big brother. My big 3yo's shadow is a couple of steps behind being the big boy carrying his own lawn chair and making up his own silly song.

It put a smile on my face as I thought about what our shadows might look like next year. Mine might not change much...then again maybe it will. But my little boys' shadows will be bigger and different. They will sing a different song (with words that I will probably understand) and both will be able to carry their own chairs. Life changes so quickly.

Lord, please enable me to enjoy every single day with these little guys as though it were my last!

1 comment:

Shawna said...

They grow up too fast don't they Sandy? It is wonderful and sad at the same time.
Love,
Shawna