Friday, January 07, 2011

Happy Birthday Eldest!


Oh my, the LAST of her teen years! And next year she'll be 20. Twenty. As for now, we'll enjoy 19.

T'was a fun day. She and I spent the day shopping and getting her hair cut. Beckah was with us for part of the day and so was her little brother. I bought her everything she wanted and took her to lunch. Sonic.... She's a cheap date.

One of our stops was Savers, our favorite thrift store. As we're shopping there is this lady looking around in the same area. She's walking back and forth, up and down the aisles calling back to her mother that "it was right HERE". Whatever she was looking for was GONE. And as the minutes wore on her panic level was increasing and she was getting louder and louder. Meg and I figured she'd lost her purse and I kept waiting for her to ask for some help. Finally she cries out in desperation, " Well apparently somebody done helped themselves to my MOUNTAIN DEW!!"

We're still laughing....

After TKD, it was brownies and homemade ice cream and presents. We rented Despicable Me and watched it with the whole family...minus me who fell asleep.

A great day celebrating the life of our sweet first born! We love you Meg!

3 comments:

the momma said...

aww - Happy Birthday to a perfectly lovely young lady!!!

robbieniccum said...

I am still cracking up about the Mountain Dew!
and I ALWAYS fall asleep for movies.
Your eldest is Beeeeeautiful!!! and Blessed :)

Carri Roman said...

LOL!!! That is hillarious. Ever like that with your old Dr Peppers? I can be like that with coffee. ugh! too funny. Fun day!