Friday, January 07, 2011

Awana This Week!


Boy, did I miss these little people! 2 whole weeks off. But it actually seemed like only one b/c I got to see some of them at movie night.

I had an especially good night with Nycen. He seemed to have a lot on his mind, full of thoughts and questions about deep things. We had some time together in the sanctuary before too many others were there and he asked me things like, "Do you know what is going to happen at the end of the world?" "How do people know when they really believe?"

So we got to talk about the Holy Spirit. And the rapture. And about when he made his decision for Christ. And whatever else popped into his head.

The Daniel Veggie Tales was on while we were waiting for the bus and he had never heard of Daniel in the lion's den. I narrated the story to him as we watched. He loved the part about the angel. And I showed him in a pew Bible where it was so he could read it in his Bible when he got home.

5 were in my class this week. A couple were sick and there have been some who haven't come in a long time.

I love the stuff they pray about. Grades, detentions, sick people, and MJ's court case that is coming up next week. I'm praying hard for that one! My cutsie boy misses his momma and I know she's missing him too.

Game time is one of the times I get to spend with the younger kids that aren't in my class. I don't really do anything but cheer them on and help them know when it's their turn and how to play by the rules. Geneva sat in my lap since I sat by her line. She's such a cuttle bug. And Jordan pulled up his sleeve to show off his 6 year old muscles when I coached him to "be fast!"

Such sweetness.

No comments: