Saturday, January 15, 2011

Crazy Love by Francis Chan


This is one of my favorite Christmas presents. I read it every chance I could and was disappointed when it was over.

Overwhelmed By A Relentless God...I mean what's not to love about that?

One of the last lines in the book reads, "The world needs Christians who do not tolerate the complacency of their own lives." pg 172 And I think that pretty much sums it up.

Francis Chan is able to hold your feet to the fire in a humble way. It's a likeable read, but not an easy one. What I mean by that is that it is full of love, and humor sometimes, yet saturated in Truth.

It spoke to some issues that have been heavy on my heart lately. In particular, closing the gap.
"We either close the gap or don't take the words of the Bible literally." pg 121

Our desire is not that others might be relieved while you are hard pressed, but that there might be equality. At the present time your plenty will supply what they need, so that in turn their plenty will supply what you need. Then there will be equality. 2 Cor 8:13-15
There's so much to say here. And God continues to show me places where I can do more. I'm watching and waiting.... and eager. I do NOT want to be complacent. I do NOT want to consider any possessions my own. I do NOT want to waste my life for the sake of comfort. I want to spend my life doing things that may cost me in this life but will be more than worth it in eternity. pg 116
At the end of the book there are little snapshots of what this looks like in the lives of many people. Each one is different and encouraging.
There are videos that go with the chapters plus a couple extras. Fun and different. You can check it out at http://crazylovebook.com

3 comments:

Carri Roman said...

AMAZING BOOK!! I have read through about 90% of it. Convicting! good stuff.

Angelia said...

Oh yeaay! Just checked this out from the church library! Can't wait to get started :)

Wendy said...

Well I don't know what corner of the world I've been living in, but I've never even heard of the book! Sounds good and I'll keep an eye out for it. Thanks for the review.